Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Friends, hobbies, and the time in between

Lately I've been feeling sad, lonely, tired, anxious, and bored all at once. Part of me wants to get out and do lots of different activities and another wants to be alone and never see anyone. I've been trying to overcome my social anxieties by going out with some new friends- since most of the old ones left me in the dust when I met Rob. When did finding friends go from being an everyday occurrence to a job? I miss the days when the people you were in class with were your friends. How does one adult meet another and start a friendship? I don't like bars, parties, or just talking to random people.

My goals for the rest of this year include (well first finding a teaching job) making new friends that I can do things with (aka away from Rob), find some cheap hobbies that are fun, and get out more often. I've been pushing myself out of my comfort zone a lot this year and sometimes it's really great, other times I have regrets.

Other than all of that- Daisy Roo and I have been doing awesome in agility. Last week we ran a clean course in 68 seconds (qualifying time was 63 seconds) so we would've had a score of 95/100! Maybe sometime this summer Daisy Roo and I can get into some real competition. She needs to run faster before we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment