Monday, April 26, 2010

A New Beginning

This week it really hit me that I need to lose weight. It's always been an issue for me, ever since around Jr. High when I got majorly picked on for having terrible acne. Ever since I could remember I've been really tall which has made me self conscious about how others view me. Now, I've always had the mind set of 'love yourself the way you are' and I do, but these past few weeks I've noticed that my body isn't feeling as normal as it usually does. My goal this week or maybe next is to join Weight Watchers. I hope this is a program that I can stick to and actually lose enough weight that I can go shopping in multiple stores instead of ones aimed at the plus size girls only.

I'm nervous about joining. I don't know what to expect, and the idea of going to a meeting with others is very nerve wracking for me. I wish I knew someone who has done it before and could explain it to me a little before I go.

1 comment:

  1. Hi friend--

    Just saw this(b/c I saw on FB you posted the link of JOEL!(jealous)

    I did WW for a while and it worked! I lost 47 lbs.! It works if you stick to it! And I like that you can eat whatever you want, juts as long as you plan for it and track it.

    It got to be too expensive, and my school schedule wasn't matching w/ meeting times w/ good leaders, so I stopped. I tried doing it on my own for a while, but it wasn't the same-- I needed meetings.

    A friend told me about sparkpeople.com (FREE) and it's similar to WW except it's free. It's like a social networking site but you can track your foods and it figures out how many calories/fats you should be eating(similar to the points system) then u can track all your stuff in the database..Love it. I started fresh last week-- made a new commmittment to myself since student teaching is fast approaching! anyway, you should also check out sparkpeople.com-- there aer some SUPER supportive people on there!! :) way to go on joining WW!! You can do it!

    *Tori

    ReplyDelete