Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Day That Went... Wrong.

Usually Tuesdays aren't so bad, but yesterday was everything I didn't want it to be.

Starting the day was going 'ok' as I was fussing with my hair in all its frizzy-ness. I had lunch plans with a friend that I was looking to so much. Got a text.. she isn't feeling well and we'll have to get together another day. Well, there's not much you can do about something like that...

SO

I figured Rob, Daisy Roo, and I should go to the grasslands preserve for a 2.5 mile walk/jog. Started off pretty good, even with the strong cool winds pushing against us. Kept on going (in my Vibram FiveFingers!) and got to chat with Rob like the good 'ol days. Daisy was having a blast and all was good in our world. Until we were getting close to the end of our loop. I saw something on Daisy Roo's leg and stopped to investigate. IT WAS A TICK.

I realize that doesn't sound that bad, but being the first time I've ever seen one on my dog, trying to suck her blood, I freaked out. So, we got that one off easy, only to find that there were 4 more on that same leg. Cue me wanting to get them off ASAP. We made it back to the car and while still on the sidewalk proceeded to de-tick our baby.

In total we found 14 ticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankfully none had been successful in latching on (thank you flea & tick preventative). Got home quick, ran to Petsmart for some flea & tick shampoo, then off to the bath tub for a fun 10 mins washing. Later that night I was still paranoid about the ticks, so I had Rob check just once more just to be sure. He found another one. UGH.

Needless to say, I won't be going to preserves any time soon. I only wish now that I could stop freaking out every time I feel an itch!

2 comments:

  1. Did you check yourselves! I'm itchy just reading here this! Poor Daisy Roo. Is that her full name or just an add on. Like Wessy Poo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES we did! It was terrible!

    "Roo" is her middle name :)

    ReplyDelete