Well, I'm on a new path. Hopefully one that will get me to a healthier me. On Monday I went to a Weight Watchers meeting with my friend "N." New habits need to be in my life now because I do not want to have health problems in the future.
I am so lucky to have such a supportive husband. He doesn't really need to lose any weight, but he has pledged to help me stick with the program so that I can be successful. His part time job has him up at 3am most mornings, but he insisted that we go to Target tonight and figure out better foods that will help fill me up within my point allotment. Although I have my friend "N" doing WW with me and my husband helping at home with the semantics, I am still worried that I will not be able to resist temptations when it comes to sweets. Today was the first day of actually counting points, and I have to say- it was difficult. I know I have bad eating habits, and I want to change them, but it's going to be a long road for me.
Age: 27
Height: 5'9"
SW (starting weight): 320.8
CW (current weight): 320.8
GW (goal weight): 160/295 (ultimate/short term)
Carrie- I loved reading this post! I feel like I read the end of the book and then started at the beginning. :) I'm curious- I notice that your goal weight is 160 in this post, but current posts have your goal weight at 170. Was there a reason for the change?
ReplyDeleteActually there were a few reasons. First, I didn't know that Weight Watchers rounds up your height if you're in between- so that made my healthy weight range higher. Second, I learned that you should set your WW goal weight at the high end of your healthy weight range, but you are still able to be under that set weight and still get 'lifetime' (read free WW meetings!!) status. And lastly, I made my personal goal 165, but my real WW goal is 170 so I have some leeway because in order to keep WW meetings free you cannot go more than 2 pounds over your set goal weight.
ReplyDeleteSheeesh I'm long winded. Hope that made sense, and thanks for reading! :)
That totally makes sense! Thanks for the explaination. I've really struggled to set a goal weight. I don't love the BMI chart. I talk to so many who say that they get to a weight where they "feel good". I don't know that I've arrive at that weight.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I don't know how I feel about the BMI chart. I'm just curious about how it'll feel to be a "normal" weight rather than overweight or obese.
ReplyDeleteThankfully WW allows me to choose a weight higher than the top of my range if I get an 'okay' note from the doctor. But yeah, I'm going based on how I feel, and if I can maintain that weight and still be eating what I want without totally restricting my intake.